The Accountant will be responsible for
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, investigate and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Maintain a system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Implement accounting procedures and processes as identified by the parent company.
- Reviews Accounts Receivables/Payables and weekly payment runs.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves the transactions within designated limits.
- Processing entries, adjustments, transactions for various subsidiaries.
- Liaising with the internal auditors to implement control across the subsidiaries.
- Completing the accounting process for all subsidiaries in conjunction with the group chief accountant.
- Solid technical accounting experience.
- Strong Knowledge of Xero Accounting software.
- Must be familiar with UAE VAT processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who can build relationships with employees and external contacts.
- Ability to handle pressure and deliver results
- Attention to detail, honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
The following competencies have been identified as key drivers for success in this role:
- Accounting experience
- Drive for Results
- Financial statements
- Well educated
- Socially focused with an outgoing personality and wide business network
- Professional approach and dedicated to an outstanding performance